Welcome to a group of women who's goal is to encourage each other to put down some serious roots in the Word of God. This blog is dedicated to reading through the Bible in a year. Hopefully you will find the encouragement and accountability here that you need to push through the tough parts- or when life just gets in the way. The reading plan is located at the bottom of the blog. It contains links to the passages we are reading through biblegateway.com. You can use those links or read your own Bible, whichever you prefer.
We are all members of Oak Hill Baptist Church in Griffin, Georgia and felt the need in our own life for a little bit of the Lord's splendor. Please join us!!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

God is Merciful

The Lord refused to go with the people because there were a stiff-necked people, but he also gave them a warning. He gives us warnings when we do wrong and His gracious and merciful to forgive us as well when we do wrong.
Moses found grace in the eyes of the Lord because he sought to do His will. Moses in his anger destroyed the first two tablets that God had made with his own hands. The second set God told Moses to hew out of the stone. At this point, Moses is over 80 years old and this certainly must've been a lot of work for Moses. When we do wrong, it is never without a sacrifice. God will forgive us but there are always consequences to our actions. Samuel told King Saul, "Behold it is better to obey than to sacrifice."
Moses told the people, by inspiration of God, "whosoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it, an offering of the Lord, gold and silver and brass." As the willingness of the people brought forth all their offerings as the Lord had commanded, God gave them skills and knowledge to build the tabernacle. Every skill we have, no matter how big or small it may be, comes from the omnipotent gracious hand of God. He gave them even the very breath to do it. Just as He gave them the breath to do it, He gives us the breath to serve Him, and sometimes He even allows us to use that breath to wrongfully accuse Him. He is so good to us.
Do we come to God with a willing heart saying, "Here I am God! Use me!" We will never know how much God can bestow upon us if we don't ask. Are we ready for all God has to offer us? I know I want to be ready.

5 comments:

  1. I want to be ready, too!!! And, what a great point that God sometimes allows us to use our breath to wrongfully accuse Him.....I'll be thinking on that for a longggggg time :-) He is full of amazing grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is interesting that after Moses talked God out of destroying the nation of Israel, when Moses came down and saw the golden calf that God had already seen Moses got angry and broke the tablets. I wonder if Moses had second thought about talking God out of destroying them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about the Tent of Meeting and how "The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend." How Wonderful! I too wonder what the pillar of cloud looked like.

    Moses prayed a dear prayer to God: "...teach me your ways so that I may know you and continue to find favor in you." God replied by saying that He would go with Moses and give him rest. Anyone else need some rest with me today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Moses's response to God's command, "Go up to the land flowing with milk and honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff necked people and I might destroy you on the way."
    Remember, he's in the desert- and is free to go to the land flowing with milk and honey. God was even going to drive out the enemies for them. Moses says "If you Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth."

    Oh, that I would have the same response. "Lord, if you aren't going with me, I don't want to go. I don't care how 'cush the arrangements are. I'd rather stay here in the desert with you." I want to be ready too Ms. boots!!

    Reminds me of the new Chris Tomlin Song "I will follow". You can listen to it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTw_oIRqyHI

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fact that the Lord would speak to Moses "face to face"...WOW!!! Does that just blow you away or what!!! Just like Natalie said this reminded her of Chris Tomlin's song, it reminds me of Mercy Me's song "I Can Only Imagine". I CANNOT WAIT to see Him face to face and FALL at His feet!! Oh how I love you Lord Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete