Welcome to a group of women who's goal is to encourage each other to put down some serious roots in the Word of God. This blog is dedicated to reading through the Bible in a year. Hopefully you will find the encouragement and accountability here that you need to push through the tough parts- or when life just gets in the way. The reading plan is located at the bottom of the blog. It contains links to the passages we are reading through biblegateway.com. You can use those links or read your own Bible, whichever you prefer.
We are all members of Oak Hill Baptist Church in Griffin, Georgia and felt the need in our own life for a little bit of the Lord's splendor. Please join us!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Let The Redeemed Of The Lord Say So"

In Psalm 106 the psalmist is calling on the people of God to give Him praise. He wants the people to remember the Lord’s goodness and enduring love. He recalls all that God has done for them and reminds them of their sin and rebellion. They questioned God and rebelled against his ways. Even in their doubt and rebellion God provided a way of escape from Egypt. Even though they complained and whined He still provided for their needs.

During their times of rebellion God punished them repeatedly by sending nations against them, allowed them to become slaves and be oppressed. Then God would miraculously deliver them. Only to see them fall right back into the same sin. God cared for them even though they rejected Him. This is why He is worthy of our praise.

Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion and they washed away in their sin.
Psalm 106:43

We are no different. We all fall and stumble along in our walk with God. We forget His goodness and follow after the ways of the world only to find ourselves in a mess. Our God is so faithful and loving that if we repent and call out to God he will forgive us. The Lord wants us to call out to Him and He wants us to tell others about all the good things He has done in our lives.

Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy...
Psalm 107:1-2

Psalm 107 tells us how God is able to help us no matter our situation. He is everything we could ever need. God delivers the needy but we must reach the point of need. As long as we are stubborn and prideful and refuse to admit we need Him then we will remain in our need. As soon as we humble ourselves and cry out to Him, He hears our prayers. When the Lord has done these wonderful things in our lives we must let others know. Telling others about the goodness of God is how we can reach others with His love.

7 comments:

  1. It's so easy to read the history of the Israelites and wonder how they could forget. Amy, thanks for the reminder that we are in the same boat and we mess up too! We also need God's grace and redemption every day.

    I really enjoyed the last verse of Psalm 107: "Let the one who is wise heed these things and ponder the loving deeds of the LORD." Lord, help me to be obedient today and to ponder on your great words and works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great song. As we sing that song, I wonder do we stop and think that is what God is telling us to do. It is not enough to say "Yes, I have been redeemed and I know I am going to heaven." We need to tell others about the saving knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. My son and I was talking last night and he was telling me that he has been praying about how to witness to more people. He was out someplace and told me he had to go because he saw a man on a bike that he needed to talk to (witness). He always has tracts to hand out to people no matter where he is going. Oh, that I would be a better witness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the title of your post today Amy. I once heard a sermon with the same title - and will never forget it. How often I "forget" to tell people of the wonderful things God has done in my life and for me and my family. When we share those things with others, and get in the habit of doing so, I think it makes us realize what a great God we have and makes us more appreciative of His great power and might. Thanksgiving should be a way of life everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I enjoyed reading your post. Thank goodness God does give us mercy every day for our mess ups. I was listening to the song "Mercy Seat" yesterday. How powerful is that song. God gives us mercy and grace as a free gift. Lord, let me remember Your love in every situation and to tell others of your wonderful and unbounding love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it, redeemed by the blood of the Lamb!" Sing it, ladies!!!! :)

    That verse encourages me to give Him thanks for ALL his benefits, Amy: "Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion..." It keeps my heart healthy to remember His rescues! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought of the same song Jaybrena! And Terry, my favorite verse was the last one too. What wonderful reminders today! Amy, thank you for a wonderful post, and a reminder to tell others of the goodness of God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy - first of all let me just tell you how much your solo on Sunday had me worshiping the Lord! My husband said the same thing! We just love it when you sing a solo! I also love the picture you put in your post. I think that one of the biggest hinderances to sharing Jesus with others is the busy thing. We are always in such a hurry that VERY often we do not take the time to just stop and share with others what God is doing in our lives. BUSY...Being Under Satan's Yoke! He uses it against us for MANY purposes!

    ReplyDelete