Welcome to a group of women who's goal is to encourage each other to put down some serious roots in the Word of God. This blog is dedicated to reading through the Bible in a year. Hopefully you will find the encouragement and accountability here that you need to push through the tough parts- or when life just gets in the way. The reading plan is located at the bottom of the blog. It contains links to the passages we are reading through biblegateway.com. You can use those links or read your own Bible, whichever you prefer.
We are all members of Oak Hill Baptist Church in Griffin, Georgia and felt the need in our own life for a little bit of the Lord's splendor. Please join us!!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Roll Call #2

Introducing your final three contributors! Save the best for last right?




My name is Barbara. I am retired and live with my husband of 46 years (best friend and soul mate) and a three year old chocolate lab named Polly in our dream home that we built some 10 years ago here in small town America. (Yes, I've been married 46 years to the SAME man) . We have two children - a son and a daughter - and six wonderful grandchildren, ages 5 to 18, and another one on the way. I am honored to be part of this Blog and consider it a privilege to be in your company!

I asked Jesus into my life when I was 10 years old - but this long journey has had peaks and valleys along the way. God has been and continues to be faithful to me - and has led me on paths I never imagined - step by step, but always hand in hand. I had decided in late December to "read through the Bible" this year and was amazed and surprised when this offer was extended to me - so now we will be on this trip together. Welcome. I am anticipating great things.

Things I love: pansies blooming in the spring; mountains in the fall; beautiful colored yarn; hummingbirds; pecan pie. old hymns; puppy's breath; sitting by a fire; the aroma of sugar cookies in the oven; hiking in the woods, rocking a sleepy baby; all creatures great and small.

What is the first thing I do in the morning when I get up? Open my bedroom blinds, greet the day, and check the weather channel.






Hello everyone, my name is Boots and I'm the spirited old lady in our group. I am a retired widow and althoughI don't live with any of my family, I still have a very large family. I had 5 children (one of whom is deceased and in heaven) and a stepson. Soon I will have 17 grandchildren and 10.3 great grandchildren. Michigan is my home state so you won't find any grits and hog jowls in my refrigerator. In fact, if I told you how empty it was you might feel tempted to feed me. I'm looking forward to taking this journey with y'all(yes, I did learn some Southern talk.) I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior at a young age while at a Bible Club in school. My first time reading the Bible through was when I was a teenager and each time since I have never failed to learn something new. I trust this new adventure will leave us all encouraged by the new things we have learned both from study and each other.


Hi! My name is Amy! I grew up on a small farm in south Alabama, so I am a country girl at heart. Growing up, I wanted to do everything my two brothers did and still wear a dress on Sunday. My goal as a youth was to go to college and become a career woman. I graduated college, worked five years as a graphic artist, then gave it up to be a mother, and homemaker - His ways are not our ways. I have been married 8 years and we have 4 children together, ages 5, 3, 19 months and one is still being knit together in the womb. I am also a step-mom to a spirited young lady who will soon graduate high school. I confessed Christ as my Savior at the age of 12 but didn’t truly begin a close relationship with Him until I was in college. An unlikely friend took me under her wing leading me to the path that has brought me to where I am today. By nature I am timid and I would love to run from anything challenging, but the Spirit inside of me makes me determined to conquer those challenges. If someone were to write the story of my life, the title might be “Never Say Never.” Therefore here I am accepting a challenge to read through the entire Bible in a year and blog about it. I hope you will join me and gain a closer, more intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

  1. My name is Debra Brannon Bates. I am the oldest child of Boots. I live in Phoenix, Arizona, with my wonderful husband Kim. We have two children Michael 35. Joel will be 27 this month. Joel married his sweetheart that has been his friend since the age of 4, Rosanna. Joel and Rose have given us two wonderful grand children, Joshua 3 and Benjamin will be 1 this month. I gave my life to Jesus on October 20, 1985. God has led my husband and I down some wonderful roads. He has loved and protected us. Been our guide and strength. My husband now Pastors a church here in North Phoenix. What a privilege to do something for the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. When I visit my mom I have gone to Oak Hill Baptist Church. My first time of hearing of this church was when my parents started going there and my dad had his heart attack on September 11, 2001. The support my mom received from that wonderful congregation was a blessing to our family. Then they were there again when my brother passed away. The people at Oak Hill are a blessing and encouragement to our family. Thank you for including my mom and her great insight to the word of God. She has blessed my life and hopefully she will bless yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name in Jessica and I live in Frisco, TX. I am a friend of Natalie's and thought joining in this adventure to read through the Bible would be challenging and fun in blog style. I look forward to checking in daily. I am definitely going to need the encouragement. I am a wife, pharmacist, and mother of two girls 4 and 2. To all the bloggers, thanks ahead of time for your commitment to make this work.

    ReplyDelete