Welcome to a group of women who's goal is to encourage each other to put down some serious roots in the Word of God. This blog is dedicated to reading through the Bible in a year. Hopefully you will find the encouragement and accountability here that you need to push through the tough parts- or when life just gets in the way. The reading plan is located at the bottom of the blog. It contains links to the passages we are reading through biblegateway.com. You can use those links or read your own Bible, whichever you prefer.
We are all members of Oak Hill Baptist Church in Griffin, Georgia and felt the need in our own life for a little bit of the Lord's splendor. Please join us!!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Let's start at the very beginning...a very good place to start!

Ms. Boots, kicking us off!! She will be your weekly Sunday contributor. Don't forget, you can find the reading list as well as a link to the scripture at the bottom of the page.

Genesis- The Book of Beginnings Chapter 1-3
In the first three chapters of Genesis one will find the creation. God created everything in and on the heavens and earth. He created the plants and trees for the animals and man to eat. He created the animals, the birds of the air and the fish of the sea. He created man to take dominion over all. This was also the beginning of sin, as the serpent tempted Eve in the garden. Without Genesis, you and I would not be here today. A big bang did not happen and "here we are" neither did two monkeys get together and have a baby. Can you imagine leaving the country and the border patrol asking you where you are from and you saying, "I don't know, I heard this loud noise and boom... there I was." or "my parents were monkeys and they couldn't talk to me to tell me where I came from." No, our God made us in his own image for we are wonderfully and fearfully made.

- Boots

7 comments:

  1. I love it! "I don't know, I heard this loud noise or boom and there I was!" The thing about these verses is that it shows the incredible DESIGN God had for us- even from the beginning. Nothing was created with out a purpose. How can anyone look at how perfectly our bodies as human work, how elegant plants are, how everything in nature works in order- and think it happened by "accident"? But beyond that, if God created the stars in the heaven for a purpose, I can know that He created me for one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Jesus for making each and everyone of us in his image. We are all unique and made by the awesome hand of God. How great is our God to make all of us individuals and care about our lives and situations. God was there to protect Adam and Eve. Taking them from danger. He is there for us in our times of disobedience and need as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were fearfully and wonderfully made in His image. How amazing is that?! It is comforting to know that I was created in God's image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the beginning...God started time in verse one and he will end time when He comes back again...He is the Alpha and the Omega...AMEN!!!I don't know about you all, but I am REALLY looking forward to no more time! No more busyness, no more feeling like there are not enough hours in the day, no more feeling like you have to hurry when you are talking to a friend who is in pain and needs you, no more feeling like you have GOT to vacuum your house instead of continuing to read your Bible!! No restrictions of TIME...just forever worshipping our Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it wonderful that God created woman from man. It is amazing that God chose a rib to creat woman from. He could have chosen any part of man to creat woman from... instead he chose the very bone that protect's his heart. What an awsome thought that God created us from a part of Adam that was not above or below his heart, but right next to it. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandie - What a wonderful insight! I had never thought of things from that perspective! Thank you for sharing that with all of us. I know that I am VERY thankful for my husband and thank God EVERYDAY for His special gift to me through my precious man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the details we have in these chapters. God was so personal with Adam and Eve and offers that to us and desires it. I also love that God made clothing for Adam and Eve. Can you imagine God making our clothes? I wonder how they would fit (I'm thinking perfectly) and what they would look like?!?!

    ReplyDelete