Welcome to a group of women who's goal is to encourage each other to put down some serious roots in the Word of God. This blog is dedicated to reading through the Bible in a year. Hopefully you will find the encouragement and accountability here that you need to push through the tough parts- or when life just gets in the way. The reading plan is located at the bottom of the blog. It contains links to the passages we are reading through biblegateway.com. You can use those links or read your own Bible, whichever you prefer.
We are all members of Oak Hill Baptist Church in Griffin, Georgia and felt the need in our own life for a little bit of the Lord's splendor. Please join us!!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Roll Call #1!!!

Alright ladies, it's time for us to get to know one another. In case you're having first day of school flashbacks, let me explain what "Roll Call" is. Four of your seven contributors will be introducing ourselves in this post. Never fear, the other three are lined up and getting ready to introduce themselves as well. You lovely followers, please post a comment with your name, family information, and why you are looking forward to reading through the Bible this year! Let's get started! We can't wait to meet you! Remember, reading starts this Sunday. I'm like a racehorse reigned in at the start line. I'm so excited I can barely contain it! It's about time we got excited about reading the Bible, right?


Hello! I'm Natalie. I am an ICU nurse, and I live in a cozy little house with my husband of six years and our two sweet kitty cats. Our older cat, Marigold, is me with fur on. My husband laughs at how similar we are sometimes. She's independent, schedules her life around meals, and likes to curl up in the sunshine to sleep. I'd like to think I was that cute, but I don't think I can compare. I accepted Christ at the age of seven, and my life has been a testimony to God's faithfulness since then. No matter where I tried to turn or run, God's love always pulled me back. It has been one grand adventure to surrender to the Lord and I have loved falling more and more in love with Him. To me, God's word is His love letter to us. It tells one great story that we don't get to just read, but take part in. I am so looking forward to seeing how God is going to use His word, and everyone on this blog, to change my life this year.


I'm Jaybrena! I am a homeschooling mom of three children, ages 13, 10, and 7. I made a decision to ask Jesus to be Lord of my life at an early age, but it wasn't until my early twenties that I began to fall more in love with Him. (Something about marriage and having children causes you to draw closer to your Creator, I suppose!) I'm so excited about this journey together with you, and fully expect to grow closer to our Lord and Savior to know Him more! You will probably learn that I love any excuse to plan a family outing! My family and I recently went to the theater together for the most recent movie release in the Chronicles of Narnia series, "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader"......my favorite character is the mouse. I just love that Reepicheep!


Hello everyone! My name is Mindy and I am SO excited to be joining you all on this VERY special journey! This will be my fifth time reading through the Bible in five years. The Word of God is alive and life-changing! I am married to my amazing husband (my special man!) of over 16 years and we have two precious daughters, Jordan (13) and Aby (10). We live in the country on about 18 acres and we have four beautiful horses, four fantastic dogs, and countless cats (but one special one that lives in our house with us). Animals have a VERY special place in my life, but horses are my passion. My husband is a high school math teacher and football coach and I am a preschool teacher at Faith Christian Academy where my girls attend school. I accepted Jesus as my Savior at about 12 years old, but have really, really matured in my walk with the Lord in the last 10 years, reaching a whole new level of relationship that I had no idea existed! I cannot wait to see how God is going to speak to me during this fifth time through the Bible. By the way, my silliest prized possession is the head lamp that I wear so that I can see what I am doing when I go out to feed my horses at night! It is AMAZING what the "light" can do for your vision! :)


Hi! My name is Terry. I am a full time wife, mother, and employee of Information Builders (software company headquartered in New York City). I enjoy movies, reading, organizing, and triathlons. I need to find some motivation in the triathlon area this year :). I will be working on my scrapbooks on Wednesday evenings at Oak Hill and am currently reading the fourth book (Drums of Autumn) in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.
My personal relationship with God began during my freshman year of college. Since then, I've had ups and downs in my walk with Him. However, God continues to be faithful and gracious to me as he draws me closer and closer to Him. In the summer of 2008, my family moved from the busy suburbs of North Atlanta to a slower "country" life in Williamson, GA. We have enjoyed the slower pace of rural Georgia, MUCH less traffic, and the occasional hot air balloons that we see flying over our property. God had bigger plans than we knew with our moving to Williamson. He led us to Oak Hill and we felt like we were home as soon as we walked through the doors. We have been so blessed by our new church family and have made many wonderful friends in the short time we have been there. This is the first time I have attempted to read through the Bible in a year and am excited about the challenge and the accountability :) I am honored to be a part of this group of women as we join together on this adventure. Please join us, read along with us, and share your thoughts and comments along the way!

Stay tuned...more great people for you to meet coming up next! Don't forget to tell us who YOU are!

2 comments:

  1. OK, I was waiting for someone else to go first, but then probably everyone else was doing the same, so here goes.

    Hi, My name is Harriet, I live in Tallahassee, FL, so obviously not a member of Oak Hill, although I have visited when I was in the area. I heard about this blog, because I am Jaybrena's cousin and Facebook friend. I am a homeschooling mom and wife. We have 7 children, only 3 left at home Monroe 17, Melanie 15 and Moriah 9. Our oldest son Morgan 24 and his wife Elisabeth are expecting twin daughters in May (our first grandchildren), our oldest daughter Meredyth (21) is getting married in November, we have a son Madison (20) living in New Orleans and another son Mallory (18) is living in the Philippines for six months with missionary friends of ours.

    I am interested in this blog, because Bible reading and study have almost disappeared from my daily schedule due to busyness and not setting my priorities correctly. I am hoping that being involved in a group will make Bible reading more of a priority in my daily schedule.

    Thanks ladies for setting this up.

    Now someone else please introduce themselves soon so I am not out here all alone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are with us, Harriet! And, what WISDOM we are certain to glean from your experiences! :)

    ReplyDelete