Welcome to a group of women who's goal is to encourage each other to put down some serious roots in the Word of God. This blog is dedicated to reading through the Bible in a year. Hopefully you will find the encouragement and accountability here that you need to push through the tough parts- or when life just gets in the way. The reading plan is located at the bottom of the blog. It contains links to the passages we are reading through biblegateway.com. You can use those links or read your own Bible, whichever you prefer.
We are all members of Oak Hill Baptist Church in Griffin, Georgia and felt the need in our own life for a little bit of the Lord's splendor. Please join us!!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

I HAVE BEEN REDEEMED

The servant in Chapter 42 is Jesus. While Jesus' early ministry was to the house of Israel, it is obvious that His ultimate ministry was to extend to the Gentiles as well. Jesus first came as a servant and a meek man. His second coming will be a man of war.

The Israelites rejected Jesus when he first came. God assured them that even though they rejected Him, He would redeem them. The theme of redemption appears 22 times in the Servant passages of Isaiah. We as Gentiles can be redeemed also by accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
Redeemed how I love to proclaim it
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb
Redeemed, Redeemed, His child and
Forever I am.

When the Lord returns, He will bring destruction to the unbeliever. We as believers are to sing praise and glory to the Lord. I have read the end of the Book and we win. Sing Praise, Sing Praise. The unbeliever makes a graven image than fall down and worship it and pray to it and ask it for deliverance. He tells them that this is pure folly. Thank God, we believe in the one and only true deliverer. Sing praise, sing praise.

Chapter 44:28 is a very important verse because it shows Isaiah was truly a prophet of God. In this verse, Isaiah names Cyrus, King of Persia, as deliverer of the Jewish people to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple. The amazing thing about that was he named him 140 years before it happen.

How can we read all these prophetic events and deny the reality of God. I am so thankful that God made Himself known to me so I could accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. How truly Blessed I am.

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful chapters today. I have so many verses from them marked in my Bible already. Some of my favorites are; "But now, this is what the LORD says—
    he who created you, Jacob,
    he who formed you, Israel:
    “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
    2 When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze. "

    God will always be with us- and he will redeem us just like you said Ms. Boots. And, I truly love that we've seen some prophecy come true already. Encouragement for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I am in God's presence I know I have been delivered and He is the redeemer. I am looking forward to the day when we are in His presence for eternity singing His praises!!! (Mindy, I know you will be happy not to have to deal with time. :). I am thankful every single day for my salvation and what Jesus did for us on the cross. My prayer is people accept Jesus into their lives so they can experience true and ultimate joy. Ms.Boots-Your posts always encourage us to keep our eyes on the eternal things. Thank you for those words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "WHEN you pass through the waters....WHEN you pass through the rivers....WHEN you walk through the fire" was underlined in my Bible, Natalie ;) Love your note on the prophecy, Boots!!

    Reminds me of another song... ♪ ♪ "He will take you through the fire againnnnn!!!!!!!!!" ♪ ♪

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff ladies!!! And yes Angela, I am SOOOO looking forward to not having to deal with the restraints and frustrations of time! Great point on the "when" in those verses Jaybrena. It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when! I also loved Ms. Boots when you said that you have read the end of the Book and we win...AMEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have redeemed you... I am the Lord your God... I love you... I am with you... you are mine. Thank you Lord!

    ReplyDelete