Welcome to a group of women who's goal is to encourage each other to put down some serious roots in the Word of God. This blog is dedicated to reading through the Bible in a year. Hopefully you will find the encouragement and accountability here that you need to push through the tough parts- or when life just gets in the way. The reading plan is located at the bottom of the blog. It contains links to the passages we are reading through biblegateway.com. You can use those links or read your own Bible, whichever you prefer.
We are all members of Oak Hill Baptist Church in Griffin, Georgia and felt the need in our own life for a little bit of the Lord's splendor. Please join us!!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

HE IS RISEN, HE IS NOT HERE

When the movie THE PASSION came out, there was a big controversy over it making the Jewish people look bad. Some said the Jews killed Jesus while others said it was the Romans. They wanted it changed to put them in a better light. What if in the movie as they led Jesus to the cross, in big bold letters it said,
BOOTS BRANNON, YOU PUT HIM ON THE CROSS
How would I feel? Would I feel shame, sorrow, or would I say to those around me, "I didn't do it." The truth is I helped to put Him up there. Yes, it breaks my heart every time I see Him up there knowing He took my place. He died for me that I may live forever with Him in Heaven.

Jesus died upon the cross for our sins. He made the supreme sacrifice. He was beaten and bruised and then placed on the cross. God said that without the shedding of blood there is no redemption. Do we understand that when Jesus shed his life's blood, He gave it all? As the Roman soldier pierced His side, blood and water flowed out. There was no longer any blood left in Him so water flowed out.

They took Jesus down and placed Him in a borrowed grave.....the end. No that wasn't the end. If it was, our faith would be in a dead man like all other religions. The grave could not hold Him. He had to finish His task in order to give us the gift of Salvation. Some of the most beautiful words in the Bible are written in Mark16:6:
".....Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: He is
risen; He is not here; behold the place where they laid Him."
When Jesus returned to His disciples, He commanded them:
"Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every
living creature. (16:15)
These words are meant for us today. We are to tell others the wonderful story of Jesus. Hallelujah! We serve a risen Savior. Let all the world rejoice. Thank you Jesus for dying for me; help me to live for you.

5 comments:

  1. I can read this story over and over again and it still amazes me every time! In fact, the Bible could end after this, and we would have a great ending to the story. But it doesn't! There's more greatness to tell! It's just the end of Act II!! :) Great post Ms. Boots- I loved what you said about how would we feel if it had a sign over Jesus' head that said "Natalie Hill, you put Him on the cross." Hit's home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamma,

    You did a great job with this one. Wow!

    You're a lot smarter than most of the world, we never even consider it was our sin that placed Him there.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Boots done gone to PREACHIN!!!! :) Amen, sister. Right between the eyes. I love this section of scripture so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We try and place the blame on other shoulders when it should be on ours as well. Thank you guys, I love this part also because it is what our faith is based on and it is why we should serve Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen and amen Ms. Boots!!! Your words really hit home for me! May my life reflect an attitude of supreme gratitude EVERYDAY of my life!!!

    ReplyDelete