Welcome to a group of women who's goal is to encourage each other to put down some serious roots in the Word of God. This blog is dedicated to reading through the Bible in a year. Hopefully you will find the encouragement and accountability here that you need to push through the tough parts- or when life just gets in the way. The reading plan is located at the bottom of the blog. It contains links to the passages we are reading through biblegateway.com. You can use those links or read your own Bible, whichever you prefer.
We are all members of Oak Hill Baptist Church in Griffin, Georgia and felt the need in our own life for a little bit of the Lord's splendor. Please join us!!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Savior




I have to be honest with all of you.  I have absolutely no idea how I can possibly do this blog post on the crucifixion and resurrection of my Savior and put into words the most amazing event in all of history and in all of the universe.  There is just no possible way that I can add any insight to this most blessed of all events...ever.  Humans dared to put the God of the universe on trial?  I caused unthinkable pain and suffering to my Savior during flogging, beating, hitting, spitting, and crowning Him with a crown of thorns...to the Son of God? 
My sin did THIS to My Savior.  I put Him on this cross.  I disfigured Him so badly that you could no longer tell that He was human and was completely unrecognizable.  I drove every nail into His hands and into His feet.  I pushed up the cross with His beaten and broken body on it.  The most amazing thing...He did this all WILLINGLY...because He loved YOU and ME that much!!!

BUT...and this is the BIGGEST "but" ever...He did NOT stay in the tomb!!!  "He is not here; He has risen, just as he said." (Matthew 28:6)  MY Savior is NOT dead...He is alive and is seated at the right hand of the Father.  He is coming again...soon.  All glory, honor, and praise is due to Him from ME every second of every day of my life.  ALL that I do should honor Him and point others directly to Him.  This is ALL that should matter in MY life...what He did for ME!

So...what should I DO with what my Savior did for me?  I am COMMANDED to GO...GO and love others as He has loved me...GO and live my life as a witness for Him...ALL that I say and ALL that I do should reflect His love...I HAVE to tell others of what He has done in my life and how He has changed me for all eternity...I MUST disciple others and teach them so they can live for Him...I MUST GO!!!!

My Savior,
There are no words...there is no way that I can EVER give back to you ALL that you have given to me...but this I CAN do...I give you my HEART and I give you my LIFE...I want to have crowns to lay down at your feet when I see you face to face someday...and my greatest dream is to hear You say, "Well done my good and faithful servant"...may my life show others how much I love you and may ALL that I say and do bring you honor and glory...because I love you...I just really love you.
Amen and Amen






4 comments:

  1. Mindy, your post was beautiful and so heartfelt that it brought tears to my eyes. What more can I say but WOW. May my life echo your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy, I agree with Ms. Boots. And it is so hard to put into words all that we read about in these chapters - the horror and pain and all given freely to us by His love. So hard to comprehend.

    As you said, what can we give in return - our lives, our love, our all. Thank you for beautiful words and pictures today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a precious spilling of your heart before Him, Mindy. Thank you for this testimony! Every time I read of the stone being rolled away, I think of this, I've said it before and I'll say it again: The stone was not rolled away so that Jesus could get out, but so that we could see in! I thank Him so much for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MIndy, what a beautiful heartfelt post. Thank you!! Jaybrena, I loved your comment about the stone. It was all for us, that we might believe. May I be willing to give him my all as well.

    ReplyDelete