Welcome to a group of women who's goal is to encourage each other to put down some serious roots in the Word of God. This blog is dedicated to reading through the Bible in a year. Hopefully you will find the encouragement and accountability here that you need to push through the tough parts- or when life just gets in the way. The reading plan is located at the bottom of the blog. It contains links to the passages we are reading through biblegateway.com. You can use those links or read your own Bible, whichever you prefer.
We are all members of Oak Hill Baptist Church in Griffin, Georgia and felt the need in our own life for a little bit of the Lord's splendor. Please join us!!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

THE LORD OUR GOD IS TRIUMPHANT

While Revelations is very hard to read and interpret, it is full of vital information for the end times. The basic information being Jesus Christ is Lord and He is triumphant over evil. I have heard Christians say they did not want to study Revelations because it was to depressing. In reality, it should be a source of comfort and inspiration to us.

In Chapters 20-22: the battle of Armageddon has been fought and won. The tribulation is over and Satan has been bound for 1,000 years. The tribulation saints are going to serve with Jesus for these 1,000 years.There will be peace under the Messiah. A new temple will be built during the Millennium but it will not be there after. For:
"the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. (21:22)

There will be people from the Millennium who will decline a faith relationship with Christ. Satan will use these people for his last resistance for eternity. Then there will be the White Throne Judgment where if your name is not written in the book you will be tossed into the Lake of Fire along with Satan where the beast and the false prophet are.

Many times I have heard people say they are going to hell because all their friends will be there and they will par te. There won't be friends or parties there. It will be a place of torment for ever.

Earth will be destroyed and a new Earth and a new Jerusalem will be created. All things will become new and God will dwell with man. Doesn't that make chills of joy and happiness run through you.
"He which testifieth these things saith, "Surely I come quickly
Amen. Even so come Lord Jesus. (22:20)

Last January we started with "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Genesis 1:1) Seven ladies committed to reading the Bible through in a year and posting our thoughts for others to read. We have had over 40 followers who have joined us and encouraged us along on our mission. Now we have come to the end. We have finished the Book and: WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN!!!!
Oak Hill Ladies 7 Satan 0.

"MAY THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST BE WITH YOU ALL. AMEN"
(22:21)

6 comments:

  1. Ms Boots- I love the score at the end! It's hard to believe that a year ago we were starting "In the beginning..." God has done SO much in my life through His word this past year. This morning, as I read the last words and closed my Bible I felt the strangest mix of comfort, peace, accomplishment- and sadness as well. It a bittersweet sense of loss...I know it's time to move on and have expectations for the future, but this time has been so sweet I hate to see it come to an end! Yes, the Bible is always there...and I will continue to study it. But I'm going to miss hearing from all of you ladies more than I can say. A year ago when we started his, I had prayed specifically for God to give me some women I felt like would be "sharing my property" in heaven with me (Just finished Beth Moore's study on Revelation). He gave me the six of you. Words can't express how valuable each of you are to me...I love you all. So so much. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints. Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect closing, Boots. :) And, how much more so, the closing of God's word. He truly does all things well! I love that he begins and ends HisStory with weddings. I love that He never gives up, that He is always for us and never against us. "Oh, how He loves us!"

    Click on this for a sweet blessing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5beoRa_HR8o&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to say Thank you for your faithfulness and commitment to the Word of God. I never met you other than my mom boots of course. I live in Phoenix. I have been to Oak Hill and maybe next time I visit I will get to meet some of you. You have been a blessing to me and my walk with God. There is always more to learn. Praise God We do Win in the End.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Boots - I LOVE the way you finish this up for us today!!! PERFECT!!! The misconceptions out there about hell are quite astounding and scary. Satan has deceived people into thinking hell is a place to "party" when they will actually be in torment for ALL eternity. I second everything Natalie said...I will miss this more than I can express...I love you ALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing and perfect close today Mrs. Boots. I cannot believe the year is up. I will miss this blog and you ladies so much.

    Thank you again for your insight, your thoughts and your wisdom. Each day was so exciting as I looked forward to hearing your hearts and your personalities. God is doing a marvelous work in each of you and it has been my priviledge to share this time with you. If ever I have a Bible trivia question - I will call each of you - you know the answers!

    May God bless and keep you and make His face to shine upon each of you as you have shined in my life this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, me too!

    I was in church today (visiting my in-laws in Kennesaw) and the preacher was using the story of Jehoshaphat (from 2 Chronicles). I've been blessed this year by knowing more of the Biblical history, characters, Israelite people, sagas, and specifically what God commanded and expected of them. I'm encouraged as God's words and the words of Godly men leading us today are intertwined to impact changed lives... to change me!

    With deepest gratitude, I thank you for your accountability this year. I thank those who followed the blog and kept us going with your comments and the many "offline" conversations resulting from the readings and posts.

    I know I've said this before, but I would not have made it out of Genesis by myself. I now know God better and am closer to him because of this adventure together. I'm so glad we don't have to say goodbye to each other, but only to this specific endeavor and that we can still reminisce fondly when we meet in the hallways of the church. I believe God has many more big plans for us at Oak Hill.

    Boots, your post is wonderful and I thank you for the encouraging words and for wrapping up Revelation and our reading.

    Natalie, thank you so much for your leadership and for allowing God to use you for His glory!

    I love you all!

    ReplyDelete